We are deep into the holiday season and I don’t know about you, but this season has been holy crazy bananas! With the sickness plaguing my house, the unexpected passing of my mother-in-law and taking in a 10 month old puppy, to say it’s been stressful would be a massive understatement.
So, instead of run around like a chicken with my head cut off not knowing what to do or where to start - I came up with my Top 5 Real-Life Tips on How to Handle Stress, Self-Sabotage & the Holidays.
1. Self-Care - this is a big one for women and especially moms. This is the first thing to be thrown out the window and then we feel like we have been hit with a mack truck by the end of it all. Self-care doesn’t have to take forever - no one has time for that. Real-life, when times are busy, like the holidays, I do my self-care in the form of a 5 minute face mask before I get in the shower. These 5 minutes can make a huge difference in how you feel at the end of the day.
2. Journal - yes, yes I know. You feel like again you don’t have time to journal when it hits the fan. However, just like self-care, journaling doesn’t have to take forever. If you set a 10 minute alarm and sit down to journal alone (even if you have to hide in the closet, yes, I’ve been there) - it can make all the difference in your attitude and your stress level.
3. Create a List - sometimes, all you need is a list. This helps keep us focused on what to do next instead of getting overwhelmed and stressing out. Most of the time when you put it down on paper, it won’t look that big and scary. Plus, when you start checking things OFF your list - you feel amazing and accomplished.
4. Cut Yourself Some Slack - this is a big one. Why? Because it’s hard to cut ourselves slack sometimes when we put added pressure on us. This is especially true around the holidays with the misconception that everything has to be “perfectly perfect”. Real life doesn’t work that way, so give yourself a break and don’t over complicate things.
5. Essential Oils - unless you have been living under a rock, you have heard of someone around you with essential oils. Let me just tell you - they are GREAT! When I get stressed out and overwhelmed, I diffuse a little lavender to help me relax. I also love making an essential oil cocktail of whatever I feel would be good for what I’m doing (right now I have lavender for calming, lemon for happiness and peppermint for focus).
The holidays can be a crazy, busy time that we can all tend to feel overwhelmed and stressed out, but use these 5 tips to help you when that real-life time comes. Leave me a comment and let me know which one worked the best for you!
Love you bunches,
P.S. Have you joined the Warrior Tribe yet? Joining is free and you get tons of motivational, inspirational and just plain real-life advice. See you in the tribe.