A little bit about me...
Hey there Warrior! I'm Renea and I am a Real-Life Coach, Author, Speaker, Wife, Mom of 2 beautiful kids aaaaannnnnddddd a recovering food and sugar addict (phew that's a lot of hats lol).
As a result of being a food addict, I was in such poor health that I battled with a resting heart rate of 120pbm (normal is around 70-80), high blood pressure, poor immune system, hypothyroidism, depression, anxiety, gallbladder attacks and eventually gallbladder removal at the age of 26.
I was overweight and had an unhealthy relationship with food for most of my life and it wasn't until I discovered that food is HIGHLY ADDICTIVE (seriously - 6X more addictive than COCAINE) did it click in my brain. If I knew what the problem was - I could figure out a real life way to deal with it.
I developed real life tools at how to heal my relationship with myself and food to gain back control over my weight and my health. Now, over 2+ years later and 70+lbs down, I'm the healthiest I have ever been. My heart rate has returned to normal (something doctors told me was not possible) , I healed my hypothyroidism and I have never felt better or had more energy in my life!
I am determined to share my methods with all the women out there looking for help. Looking for hope. Looking for that missing puzzle piece to put it all together and finally be successful on their health and weight loss journey.
My mission and passion in life is to help women conquer food addiction and gain back control over their health through knowledge and real life tools. To inspire ALL Warrior Women to know they CAN beat the battle of the binge FOR GOOD.
P.S. Check out an excerpt from my upcoming book - Confessions of a Food Addict HERE.
Here are some additional random facts about me:
- I was born in Idaho, but have moved around my entire life. The last I counted, I have 31 moves in my 33 years on this earth! I didn't think that was a lot until I googled it lol.
- I am an avid googler (see above lol) - once I have a question, I MUST know the answer to it.
- I met my hubby of 10+ years on Match.com - we met and were married within 4 months on a random day at the courthouse! He is my best friend and teammate for life.
- I am by no means a dancer - but I have a funny/quirky dance I do called the "Renea dance" to make people laugh
- I did the "Renea dance" on my first date with my hubby - I have no idea why I thought it was a good idea, but hay it worked!
- I have 2 beautiful children that were both GIANT babies - my daughter was 9 lbs 5oz - 22 1/2 in. and my son (who was 3 weeks early) was 8lbs 8oz - 22in. - my hubby didn't warn me that big babies run in his family until after I gave birth to my first (thanks for the heads up lol)
- I had never broken anything major (toes only) until I had a car accident in 2015 that left me with a broken back, pelvis, sacrum and a head injury. I was so freaked out and had so much adrenaline pumping that I didn't wait for them to use the jaws of life to get me out - I pulled myself out over the center console and out through the passenger door (I still to this day have no idea how I managed to do this)